Sister Rounds

Sister Rounds
California Arcadia

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Home again, home again, jiggity jig!


Yet another quick trip home for Jaimie's college graduation. In the process, I had the cherished pleasure of staying with the Wallis Wonders at their crazy Fun House. I became a little more acquainted with cute little Chloe, who had no idea who I was when I walked in the door, but we became fast friends. She is a special, happy baby girl, and I enjoyed her right along with the rest of the Wallis gang.
CRAZIES!! Mayci, Luke, Sammie, Blake, and Nana

I became "Nana and Nanny" for a few quick days.
Max, Ashley, Mayci, Sammie, Luke, Me

                                                        
Blake, Luke, Sammie, Chloe, Max,
Ashley, Mayci

We enjoyed Mickey Mouse pancakes for breakfast, movies at night, talks with Sammie, seeing everyone's latest projects, and gathering Mother's Day lilacs to spread around the house to surprise Steph when they came home from a mini anniversary adventure. The girls made a creative banner, the boys gathered and placed vases of flowers.


Saturday was spent in graduation activities all day. It was so great seeing everyone, and I was a completely proud mother of a new 2016 university graduate.

Jaimie and Trever Waite
Two 2016 University graduates, Jaimie and Devenie
Dinner with adults was spent at El Sol, and a cute, sweet visitor (cupcake owl, provided by Bryce and Rachael) capped off our celebration. What a wise friend to join this special event!
The Waite's and Natoli's, new graduates
The long and short of it...

And in the very same visit, we all enjoyed Mother's Day together also. Traditional Sunday dinner was spent with the gang. Just like in Sundays past...

Sierra with Blaze, Alex, and Chloe










Our little yearlings. How they have grown in the time I've been gone!




A very customary Sunday evening sight, including many adored family, gobs of food, and plenty of paperware! Mother's Day fare included grilled burgers and hot dogs by dads/husbands/sons. Delicious!

And one of the best parts was they all cleaned up afterward also!


Not only did I get to try out the new selfie stick after I broke the one I had (I was having too much fun!) but I was also graced with a wonderful Sunday Night Treat bucket, complete with peanut M&M's and meanings of colors by each grandchild. Very special, indeed! Not to mention how much I love peanut M&M's! (Thanks, Arlyn!)

Ashley stayed right with me the entire evening. It was fun to have her so close. She and I look forward to Nana Days yet to come.

The next fun-filled, important event occurred as I traveled to AJ's house. I got to spend a few days with my wonderful family there, and meet brand new Alexis, just 10 days old. She's sweet, beautiful, and so new.
Me, Lexie, and Sadie





















And then it was time to go back to my Alhambra home-again, home-again, jiggity-jig, where my mission still awaited. Work to be done, people to meet, lessons to be learned. I'm still in the process of "becoming." Each home has important effects on my life. How grateful I am for both.
Jiggity-jig.




No comments:

Post a Comment