Sister Rounds

Sister Rounds
California Arcadia

Monday, March 23, 2015

Sunny SoCal!

For such an un-techy as me, we'll see how this goes!
After a superb MTC experience, I'm now in sunny Southern CA!  The air is NOT clean, the stars are NOT out, you only drink water from bottles.  But it is beautiful!  I'm living in Alhambra, the northern part of "Southern CA" closer to the mountains.  But I only really see them when we go to Stake Conf in Pasadena or the mission office in Arcadia.  The area here is predominately Chinese, so I don't understand much during lessons we attend with the sisters.  But we still like to be there in the evenings. The days are spent feeling overwhelmed in the Employment Center, and I miss all my dear ones like crazy.  Here's the thing:  I'm learning a lot about myself, my ability to adapt and learn, and a new way of living among those who are so different than me!  And it's all good!  Except the missing part.  We make dinners for others quite regularly.  Our last p-day was spent at the Newport Beach temple, then on Balboa Island, taking in the sites and a world-famous ice cream Balboa bar.  I gotta figure out how to post photos on these postings. . .
Only 97 weeks left of my mission!  Yahoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment